Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Drums!

The other night I was watching TV and I was fast-forwarding through the commercials. (Got to love the DVR.) Amidst the fast-forwarding I heard the statement, “Whoa!!! Look at all those Drums!!” Now if you have ever met our little boy Titus, you would know that this statement is quite often heard in our home. Titus is incredibly passionate about drums. He is continually tapping out beats with his two little hands to rhythms bouncing around in his head.

However, what was unique about this statement was that when I heard it, Titus wasn’t even awake. It was my wife, Stacy, whose uncontrollable exclamation drew my attention to the drums.

Titus’ passion has changed our lives. We now have an uncontrollable need to announce drums whenever we see them. This little incident started me thinking about how peoples’ passions have a great power of influence. In a few weeks (Aug. 7-14), the youth group will be heading out to Estes Park, CO, for the National Youth Convention. The theme this year is ILLUMINATE. When you have a passion, you can’t help but have it radiate from you and illuminate those around you. Titus could never hide his passion for drums and in turn, his passion is contagious to those around him. It is my prayer for our youth (and Oak Hill as a whole) that our passion for the Lord will illuminate - causing others to see it, be influenced by it and eternally changed because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment